Monday, June 6, 2011

News?

      I'm sorry to do this, but I don't think I'll be posting for a few days. Things are rough here, and I just can't find the spirit to share. It's not that I don't have the time, I have plenty or that and more, I just...

     I'm sorry to be so depressing, and I'm be back before the end of the week, I promise. But in the meantime, I'll leave you with my latest, non-sewing project. I'm working on a baby blanket. I'm not sure who it's for yet, my brother and his wife's second baby hopefully, if I get in done on time, but if I don't it'll probably go to someone at church, or I'll just pack it away for future use, I'm not sure, it will come in time.

Source

I found this blanket by Maybe Matilda through my blog browsing, and fell in love with it. Tales from Cuckoo Land had the original blanket idea:

Source
     And she was kind enough to share her bobble tutorial. It is very easy, and I hugely recommend it to any crocheters, or even want-to-be crocheters. It could not be simpler. I am working on a much smaller blanket, it will be more of a snuggle blanket than a warmth blanket. My blanket is only 120 stitches wide, and I hope that eventually it will be square.
  
       I have followed the following pattern:
Double Crochet three rows,
Then on my bobble row, I Double Crochet 5 stitches, then start the bobble, then Double Crochet 5 more stitches, then another bobble and so on,
Then double crotchet three more rows before doing a another bobble row.

      It's coming together quickly, but I'm only really working on it while watching movies or on long-ish car rides.

post signature

1 comment:

Cuckoo said...

I hope you are ok, I hate to hear that you are having a hard time right now. Sending you support through the ether. In the meantime lose yourself in a spot of bobbletastic blanket love. Thank you for the mention, very sweet of you xxx