Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Country Living Cupcakes

      Sorry this is even later than planned, yesterday was my youngest brother's 15th birthday, and I was happily spending time with family and forgot to make a cake.

     But anyways, here is the final cake of my baking marathon: Country Living's Red Velvet Cupcakes

The Husbandman's Ranking: Unkown (He's way too far away in Geogria for work this week, and saddly can not give me his opinion)
The Little Wife's Ranking: 9


Pros:
     It's a very thick batter, which makes getting the batter into the cupcake tins much, much easier.
     It's very chocolatey.
     Since you have less drips, clean up is a breeze.

Cons:
     Uses just the egg yolk, it always seems a little wasteful
     It's just a tad drier than the other recipes, but this might have been my fault for not reducing the bake time when I made mini cupcakes.

Other Notes:
     I would be really careful not to overfill the cupcake tins, and just as a precaution, I would definitely take their hint on spraying the top of the tray so that the tops of the cupcakes don't stick.  I torn the tops of a few cupcakes off trying to get mine out.

The Winner!
     It depends.  If you want to make cupcakes, I would defiantly use Country Living. But on the other hand, if you want to make a sheet or layer cake, it's a toss up between Farm Chicks and Pioneer Woman's. Both are very good, easy to make, and almost foolproof. Go with your gut, both will lead you right!

     I've really enjoyed my baking marathon, I think I'll try it again in May.  Any suggestions for what to make? There has already been a request for cinnamon rolls, if you have read this post, I think you can guess who it's from.

post signature

No comments: