Thursday, March 31, 2011

Favorite Nursery Rhymes

     I have been toying with some ideas for my first clothing line.  I am so sad that No Big Dill's month of Once Upon a Thread is coming to an end, and I was thinking on how to use some of the wonderful ideas she came up without copy-catting. Then some little voice inside the chaos of my mind whispers, why not do nursery rhymes? Aha! What a great idea for clothing for little ones! They can be sweet, vintage, clever, and at times, just a little bit over the top.  (The only unfortunate thing about this voice was that it decided to speak to me in the middle of the night and would not be hushed until I finally gave up and wrote it down and sketched it out...)

Images from Google
     My creative side seems to love this idea and has run miles with it! The only problem is that I have run out of nursery rhymes to sketch out and play with!! So I'm asking for your help. What are your favorite nursery rhymes?  I'm going to go sit down with my parent's Mother Goose book illustrated by Tomie dePaola, and my old Beatrix Potter books, but I really want to know which nursery rhymes have stuck with you.  Which one do you tell your children? Which ones just make you smile?


post signature

No comments: