Thursday, January 6, 2011

A birthday surprise...

     Yesterday I got a big box in the mail*. Not only was that incredibly exciting, this box had happy birthday written all over it... my day is looking up.  I of course give it the necessary shakes (as if that would really help me - the worse present guesser in the world - figure out what this mystery birthday box is).
     There is no way I'm going to be able to wait till my birthday to open this, so I dash to the nearest comfy spot to open it. This spot turns out to be my bed (remember this, you'll see why it matters in a few moments.)
     I cut the box open, and my first thought is oh how cool is it that the inside is wrapped! My second is "oh dear heavens, I hope that's not the husbandman who just pulled up in the driveway!" For I, the bed, and all the surrounding area is covered in glitter. And the husbandman does not do glitter, not at all. So I shut the box back up, place it out of reach of the dogs and race upstairs to find a broom and dustpan.


     It turns out to not be the husbandman, in fact it was only someone driving by, and not anyone at all in the driveway.  So I go back to my happy birthday box, and reopen it (much more carefully this time) to go see what is actually under the card and all that glitter! And the answer ladies and gentlemen is so worth all that panic, for the box is filled with not only more chocolate than I should  eat in a whole month (notice I said should and not can) and... glitter glue!
  

     By the time I get around to opening the card, I have wizened up a little, and in a stroke of ingeniousness I cut off the side of the card rather than opening it up and having even more glitter fall into my lap (of course this is the only way I could have opened it anyways, it was wrapped like another gift in packing tape, but I felt like I was outsmarting the gift-giver anyways.)


     So thanks Steph! Yes, you managed to husbandman proof my present, as well as making me flash from pure joy, to panic, back to joy, and the sneakiness all in about five minutes ;)





*Disclaimer: I love mail, mail of all sorts makes me so happy, and on the rare occasions that it contains a present, (especially if it was not something I ordered for myself) well my day is made, it doesn't even really matter what's inside. I got mail, and someone loves me enough to send me a present!!

3 comments:

stephanie said...

I'm so glad you got it and loved it! But, the card was not wrapped in packing tape so you couldn't open it, it was so the stickers wouldn't fall off! haha

stephanie said...

Also... seeing it was from me, you should have known it was dangerous to open on the bed. :P

Mary Moury said...

Very true, I was too excited to think that hard...