Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Beach Robe

      As soon as I saw Dana's beach robe, I knew I had to make one for Miss G. So as soon as I could, I ran out to Walmart to buy a towel to chop into pieces and tun into one of these too-cute-for-words robes.  My favorite things about this project? The hood, I think everything should have a hood, and luckily Miss G seems to agree, I also love that the strap is sew down in the back, so it doesn't slide off wiggly bodies.

 

I also grabbed a pillow case to use for the lining. I lined the hood, the ties, and the sleeves. I already had the bias tape made for another project, so my only worry for that was that I would have enough. I did, but just barely. I could not believe how easily this project came together, I really don't think I spent anymore than three hours making it.


       I also ran out of yellow thread on the last stitch, so I knew it was went to be.


      I was so proud when my dad asked me how I did the stripes on the bottom that I was almost a little disappointed to admit that I didn't do anything at all, I just lined up the pattern piece to use the striping already on the towel...

4 comments:

Meri said...

So so so adorable!! Great job :)

Amber B. said...

This is the cutest thing. Do they come in big kid sizes, haha. ;)

Mary Moury said...

Thanks! And sadly enough, the biggest size is only 4T :( I wanted to make them in every size for everyone I know!

Amber B said...

Do you think it would work if you measured using like a dress or something as a rough pattern? I have no idea about these things btw.