Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Friday Night Treats

     I'm sorry that its been so long since my last post, I miss placed my camera with all my potential post pictures.  But now it is found and I have a post for you! 


     I’m up waiting on laundry so the husbandman can have clean work clothes tomorrow and thought I would share my latest kitchen project with you. These are the treats I made for my Friday night College/Young Professional bible study.  Oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies and sweetie pies!


     I am now in love with the idea of sweetie pies it is another recipe from (you guessed it) the farm chicks.  And it couldn’t be simpler.  It’s just pie crust and jam! These are made with blackberry, but the ones I made this morning were with strawberry, and I think I like the blackberry better.  I’m planning on trying apple butter next, but I’m not real sure how those will turn out…

     The oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies were not so successful and did not make it to the bible study, as they were contributed to my mom’s student’s FFA week party.  The bowl came home with several cookies still in it, so I’m pretty sure it was a flop recipe (if teenage boys won’t eat them, they’re hopeless)
     And now that I have my camera again, I’ll post pictures of my mini circle skirts later this morning (as 1. I don’t want to wake the husbandman and 2. I don’t think pictures taken at midnight would turn out all that great anyways.) Sleep well everyone!

 

PS. aren't these great little bowls? I found them in one of the upper cabinets and fell in love! My mom said they were a dollar tree find and I couldn't believe it.  Turns out they were only out of reach so that the boys wouldn't microwave them.  I think they might find a way into our boxes when the move comes.


post signature

No comments: