Thursday, March 3, 2011

Birthday Party!


    I'm helping my sister-in-law throw Miss G's first birthday party, and I'm having a blast getting ready and decorating for it!  I thought I would share a sneak peak of my favorite project so far.  (I'll post more pictures after the party.)


     I jumped on two bandwagons at once with this project: the yarn wreath wagon and the bunting wagon. I love both, so I mixed them together! Maybe I can even convince the husbandman to let me make on to hang in the window... if I take off the rosettes, it's not girly at all!! Mrs Priss first showed this idea, (at least it was the first I saw) and I think her tutorial is wonderful.
     The only thing I did differently from her's is that I found a white foam wreath, so I used that in case I couldn't get the yarn just right.  I think I'm going to take a tip from some other bloggers though and wrap my next one with fabric or batting before I wrap it with yarn to make it thicker. I think this one is a little thin, what do you think?
post signature

No comments: