Friday, February 11, 2011

Easy-Peasy Decorations

     I was cleaning out the spice cabinet yesterday, ended up with several interestingly shaped bottles (the contents were expired, or they were one of two open bottles.) I did not want to throw them away, but didn't really know what to do with them either.

     I was slightly disapointed they were not of the pretty blue glass that is so popular for kitcehn window sill collections.  I have always envied that look but have never once found a blue bottle to snag at the antique stores. 


     However sitting next to these bottles (full of soy sauce, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and almond extract in case anyone wanted to know) was the food dye that I hadn't quite got around to putting away yet, and suddenly they two clicked in my mind.



     The pictures don't quite do these justice, I couldn't capture how they seem to glow when the sun shines throw them, just like stained glass.  But making them couldn't get easier. Just fill any (clean please) bottle almost full with water, add a few drops of food dye, shake a little (they also look pretty as the dye is settleing, all swirls and vapors) and put them in a sunny window.  And instant color on a dreary winter day.

  
    
post signature

No comments: